Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Rally

Well, I don't want to be too optimistic here, but I think we may be starting to rally a bit.

Steve is still under the weather, but after a major crying jag this morning (mine), during which we tried to decide whether or not to pull the plug and head back to San Francisco, we decided to carry on a bit further.

It would be such a shame to miss Italy and not try to see some of the spectacular scenery we were hoping to see along the way. And since we haven't yet tried staying in one place, I think we would be stopping prematurely.

So we have decided to make a go for Norway, where we will stay for at least two-three weeks. That will give us a chance to relax and settle in a bit, and enjoy some quiet and natural beauty.

Just knowing we have three more nights here in Alsace is comforting. Neither of us has left the apartment today. We've done some planning, read, watched movies, done laundry, and it has been wonderful.

I think I forgot that sometimes it is possible to get sensory overload when traveling, and it can be necessary to just tune out, stay in and recharge before moving on to the next thing.

I'll be honest with you, it's been such a lazy day...I haven't even brushed my teeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment