Wednesday, May 1, 2013

That Juice is CRAAAZY!!

This morning Steve and I made a juice from kale, romaine lettuce, dandelion greens, kiwi, cucumber and apples.

The recipe stated that this juice was particularly good for liver-detox.

I don't know what exactly was going on with that juice, but it made me feel very strange.  Sort of light-headed, and dizzy.  I swear I could feel it doing something to my insides.

I called Steve and he said he felt strange too, kind of high.  Like he wanted to go run around.

I couldn't decide if i wanted to go out and conquer the world or just lie down.

Maybe it was all that extra LSD I added.

It did make me think of how potent plants are, even everyday salad greens that I tend to ignore.

My blood work came back.

My cholesterol is a little high, which doesn't surprise me.
My blood sugar is fine.

The biggest issue seems to be that I am very anemic.  This is not uncommon in women, and I have always been a bit anemic, but now it seems to be getting worse, so I need to start focusing on ingesting more iron-rich foods, like beans, dark, leafy greens, seaweed, and of course, blood.

Being an anemic vampire is really embarrassing. What will all the other vampires say?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jocelyn!!
    "Craaazy juice"???!!! Excellent. I wanna feel that way too...so what's your recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, so it's from Kris Carr's book "Crazy, Sexy Kitchen", and the juice recipe is called "Sweet Greens"
    3 apples
    2 kiwis
    3 cucumbers
    5 kale leaves with stems
    8 romaine leaves
    1 1/2 cups dandelion greens

    Juice all ingredients. Drink. Go craaazy!!

    ReplyDelete