Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Moving Day

Happy June 1st! When I was little, my sister and I used to say "Bunny bunny!" on the first day of a new month. I have no idea why. Did anybody else do this or was that just a part of the Rosenthal family nuttiness?

Yesterday was moving day, and I must say, it went well, and I am relieved that it is over.

We had three fantastic guys from Pat Ryan Moving Company in San Francisco, and I can safely say, we had the best moving experience we've ever had. If you live in the Bay Area and are considering a move, go with Pat. It's an Irish-run company, and our moving team consisted of one guy from Ireland, one from Wales, and one from Georgia (think Eastern Europe, not Mason Dixon). The accents alone were enough to make me smile.

I am trying to get savvy with our new camera, so here are some photos from the move:

This is a view from the door to our hallway:









































The Kitchen


















The Office

















The Living Room


And what do you do when moving stress gets to be too much, and you remember that there is an opened bottle of wine in the fridge, but all the cups and glasses have been packed?

Here's what you do:
















You drink that wine out of your camping water bottle, that's what you do!

So now, we are staying near Ghirardelli Square, waiting for my parents and the rest of the family to arrive for a week of festivities (which, in my family, means food) to celebrate my parents' upcoming 50th anniversary.

One week from today we will be on a plane heading to Paris.


















The current view from our window

No comments:

Post a Comment