Saturday, June 12, 2010

Down in the Dumps

Well, I must say, this is not at all the way I wanted to enjoy Paris. Today marks my second day in bed (or at least in the studio apartment we are renting) with stomach cramps and upset.

It looks like it is a bug and not food poisoning, since Steve now has it, too.

I pride myself on being positive and looking on the bright side, but I have to say, this is just depressing. We are in this wonderful area of one of my favorite cities in the world, with the Luxembourg Gardens, Musee D'Orsay, and the Musee Rodin all within walking distance, and for the last two days I have not been able to enjoy any of it. With only three full days left here, that is incredibly disappointing.

When I was lying in bed earlier, getting, I don't mind admitting, a little weepy, I kept thinking "I want to go home", and then remembering of course, that we no longer have a home. Such a strange sensation.

It is hard not to worry, what if I get sick everywhere we go and wind up missing everything, getting only an in-depth experience of our room and bathroom? Was this whole trip a bad idea? Will I ever be able to eat more than one bite of baguette every few hours? And wine, what about my wine?!

I'm sure I will snap out of this as soon as I am able to go outside again, but for right now, I am feeling low. And crampy...don't forget crampy...

1 comment: