Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A New Leaf (or should I say A New Vine)

Well, this is new for me.  A whole new world, this blogging.  I'm a bit behind the times I'm afraid with all this stuff.  My father asked me the other day how and why people "log on" to YouTube.  I thought that was so sweet, my poor 70 year old dad confused about these "newfangled" websites, but now I know how he feels!  I feel like a moron, looking at this empty page wondering how to make it look better.  I went to layout and thought "what's a gadget?", and "what the hell do I do now?"
I guess that's the million dollar question, isn't it!  I want this blog to be about wine, but not just about wine.  I want to talk about food and wine, and also my own journeys as I figure out where I'm going and what I'm doing next!
I have been an actor for many many years, ever since I can remember, when I was six and would stand in front of the department store windows singing and dancing making up my own commercials.
Saying I've been an actor though, doesn't mean I've made money at it (or at least not much), or that I've gotten anywhere near where I'd hoped.  But I still go on auditions and remain hopeful.  It's really hard to let the dream die.
In the meantime, I have been doing other things: writing screenplays, teaching acting, and now, selling wine.  Hooray for wine!  A whole new world of sights, tastes and smells to explore.
Let me say that though I am currently working for Canihan Family Cellars, selling their wonderful organic wines, i am by no means a wine expert.  Honestly I am learning as I go.
That is where I thought we could learn together.  I will try a wine a week, and share it with you, along with whatever else I may be thinking about or doing while I am enjoying the wine.  Hopefully, one day I will be able to share wines from a locale that is not my apartment in San Francisco!
Only time will tell...

1 comment:

  1. Food & wine pairings for everyday life! I cannot wait to read what goes well with opening Christmas presents:)

    Bravo Jocelyn!

    ReplyDelete