Monday, May 17, 2010

The Countdown Begins

Two weeks from today, the movers come to pack us up and put everything we own in storage. Steve and i will then move to a hotel where my parents, sister and her family, brother, aunt and uncle will also converge to help my parents celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary.

Steve has been trying to help me rein in my packing insanity. So far, he has convinced me to get rid of three sweaters, one jacket, an extra swimsuit, one pair of shoes, three large bars of soap, two extra bottles of shampoo and conditioner, one bottle of aloe vera, one small wheely-bag, and the massive suitcase I bought at Macy's which could have held all my clothes and medications as well as my niece and nephew.

He was not able to stop me from getting vaccinated for Tetanus, Diptheria, Pertussis, and Hepatitis A and B however. I know, I need help.

On another subject entirely, i just finished reading a wonderful book called Peace Like a River, by Leif Enger. This is one of the best books I have read in a long, long time. Simple, evocative, beautifully written. I don't even want to try and describe what it was about, just take my word for it and read it. You won't be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment